Monday, January 19, 2009

Squish. Yeeoow! *Grin*

That was me sounding like a cat doing king fu, over and over through today's 12-miler. The sidewalks are lined waist-high with snow, so the choices are "climb every mountain, ford every stream" (you know, the streams that form at every curb-cut). In either case, the feet stay wet. I love my Smartwool socks.

I also love the new stuff I added to the MP3 player last night. I had some doubts -- you never know how a song or a new flavor of gu is going to work out until you run with it. Here are the top ten surprise winners (also in player below):
  1. Prince of Love - Zoe Lewis
  2. Straw Hat and Old Dirty Hanky - Barenaked Ladies
  3. Gravel - Ani DiFranco
  4. I Feel Lucky - MaryChapin Carpenter (lucky 'cause no one was around to hear me singing this one!)
  5. Rain King - Counting Crows (live version from Across a Wire)
  6. Charlie on the MTA - Manhattan Tansfer
  7. Forgotten Years - Midnight Oil
  8. Send Me on My Way - Rusted Root
  9. Me Vale - Mana
  10. Deadbeat Club - B-52s
Other news: just created a Facebook group for my marathon supporters. Please join and invite your friends!

1 comment:

  1. You are training in the snowiest Boston winter on record - 41.3" since Dec. 1st

    ReplyDelete

Running Mix