Monday, January 12, 2009

Today marks one week back in Boston after holidays in North Carolina. I celebrated by doing my long run in the snow and starting to catch up on thank-you notes to donors. Got a lot of sweet, concerned responses to my post on Facebook about my planned 11-miler, so here's the report:

Did an 11-mile figure-eight, using the gym as my mid-point. Last winter while training for the Martha's Vineyard 20-miler, I learned that a double loop is great for cold-weather runs, because you can ditch an unneeded layer or pick up a fresh water bottle if your has frozen. Thankfully, most folks had shoveled, so it was easy going, especially compared to taking my son to daycare in the stroller this morning! Finished the distance in 1:46, which was fine, given the sloppy conditions in parts. Must add new songs to the MP3 player though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Running Mix