Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mama Needs a New Pair of Shoes!

Ok folks, it is ON! At tonight's marathon team meeting, Rennie announced that whoever raises the most between this meeting and next (3/24) gets a $50 gift certificate to Marathon Sports.

Now, Running AHEAD's handy shoe tracker utility tells me that since the start of my training -- more accurately, since Dec. 15, the night we did the Boston Homeless Census -- I have put 211 miles on my"new" shoes. Running 30 miles a week, in 3-4 weeks they will no longer be marathon-worthy. So, if you've been waiting for the sign that it's the right time to donate, here it is!

From today's running log:
[winter hill down-hill repeats:] warm up 2 mi, 1/2 mi jog up, 1/2 mi run down. rinse, repeat.

hadn't done laundry, so had poor choice of socks (old, beat-out ultimax). got biiiig blisters. walked home from broadway in my socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Running Mix