Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Ran to Woburn?!

Yep. When I mapped it, that's what I did. I don't think I even knew where Woburn was a year ago.

It's been snowing all day here, but made for a very pleasant 16 miles, especially compared the the nor'easter we're getting later tonight. Here's the log entry:
Great run! Actively snowing the whole way, and headwind outbound. Yaktrax worked well - no one shoveling yet except in Arlington Ctr. (Mm.. wet brick + yaktrax = running on glass!) Course selection was a good analogue for Boston course -- some long hills w/ 2-3% grade, and a steep downhill to the turn-around, then right back up! Felt good, though quads & knees are tired from supporting on the snowy downhills, and I think my lats will be sore tomorrow from same.

Best moment: Stopped at a pizzeria [Arlington Cafe, formerly Sapori] at mi. 12 for hydration -- no powerade, but they had Nantucket Nectars "Half & Half" (sweet iced tea + lemonade). So good! Had exactly $2 in cash, so the guy spotted me the dime for tax, then when he found how far I was going, offered me pizza, too. :-) I stuck to my chocolate Clif Shot, but did use a wad of napkins to wipe down my face.
In other news - thanks again to everyone who has donated! Comment if you want to reserve your mile of the course! And congrats to my teammate Sean Caron on his rockin' fundraiser last week. I was sadly too sick to go (but will still donate, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Running Mix