Monday, March 23, 2009

The Longest Week; Tattoos

This week will be the longest mileage of my training -- 42 miles, ending with Sunday's 20-miler. Ran a chilly 10 today -- started my workday at 5:45 a.m. to fit it in. Got to do a Marcel Marceau routine along the banks of the Charles because the headwind was so bad. Looking back at my running log for encouragement, I realized I've only had 4 non-running weeks in the last year. (2 of those were concussion-related!) Since December, I've done 330 miles of training for Boston.

With the help of that growing list of folks on the right, I've also raised over $5,000 for MBHP. Thanks, everyone! My mom has the best fund raising idea yet. In her own words:
Carolyn said incredulously "You would get a tattoo?! (Yeah, we've all got them, but still...)"

My response is: "Yes, I'll do it for a good cause..." Will y’all rise to the occasion?

Carolyn claims that I can probably handle it since I brought her into the world without drugs!

The tattoo, small, running related and in a discrete location, will happen IF donations made between today, March 23, 2009 and Marathon Day, April 20, 2009 get her to her goal of $6,500.00.

A picture of the completed tattoo will appear as my profile picture on Facebook and will be either emailed or snail-mailed to non Facebook donors. So…get the word out!

My co-worker Rick just read this and donated $25.00!
My running buddy Hal has donated $26.00
And my neighbor Katherine, whose son is a tatoo artist, has contributed $10.00

OK y'all get to work! Make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Running Mix