Sunday, April 19, 2009

Race-Watching Tips

I am resting up and getting ready mentally for tomorrow's marathon. After 2 weeks of taper (enforced by a calf injury), I feel rested and ready. It looks like we'll have near-perfect weather (by the standards of anyone who has trained through the winter in Boston, anyway!) -- 50 degrees and overcast. It will be windy -- normal for the course -- but rain should hold off until evening. I'm planning to run more conservatively because of the calf, but hoping to do 9:30-10:00 miles.

If you want to follow my progress, you can sign up for text or email alerts (you must be registered before the race begins). You'll get a message when I reach 10K, 13.1 mi, 30K and the finish.

If you want to meet me on the course, here's a map. I'll be starting with the 2nd wave, crossing the start around 10:30 a.m. My mom, Speedy & Jesse will be at mile 17/Woodland T, and MBHP is watching at Mile 25 on the Commonwealth Avenue Mall East (after the Mass Ave under-pass).

Thanks to your help, we've raised over $6,800 so far for Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership Inc. I'm still accepting donations.

Thank you for all of your support. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow form the course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Running Mix